Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vansterdam

Last night was the Britney concert... I don't know how to even begin to describe it. It was so many many things. Good, bad, crazy, boring, upsetting, entertaining, and on and on.

Am I upset? A little bit. I feel really bad for the people who paid crazy amounts of money to be there last night. It was disrespectful. Britney performed 3 songs and then there was a little video montage and some cirque dancers and then nothing. Five minutes later some set pieces moved, but then still nothing. After 10 minutes a voice came over the PA system explaining that there was too much smoke and the show would not begin again until all the smoke had cleared. After 30 minutes, the show finally restarted and continued as normal.

I do not for one second believe that smoke was the reason the show stopped. I am offended that that was the excuse that was used. Just because we live in Vancouver doesn't mean we are all potheads. It wasn't a pothead crowd either. Why didn't the ushers tell people to stop? Why didn't they tell us to stop right at the beginning of the blackout? The whole thing was ridiculous!

It was incredible how the crowd was not mixed at all. It's was entirely 18-25 year olds dressed in outlandish and slutty outfits.
Tina and I, very happy to be there at this point.
It was a good opening. I liked the Perez part. It was fun. But I feel like whole circus theme is just too much like Christina Aguilera's last album and tour. And it doesn't measure up either. Britney scored a point for actually doing it in a ring and getting Cirque performers, but she lost five for not caring about the show at all.
She's a ring leader, but I doubt she calls many shots.
This is Tina's "What the hell is going on?" face.
I think Britney might have actually sang "Everytime". I enjoyed the floating umbrella.
-Ellie

21 comments:

Frock Around the Clock said...

Thats such a shame! At least you can say you have been to see the legendary Miss Britney Spears though! I would have been so annoyed if I'd have paid a fortune for the tickets and then had that.. She should have a bit more respect for her fans! :) x

Frock Around the Clock said...

"It just goes on and on my friends... Some people started singing it not knowing what it was.. and they'll continue singing it forever just becaaaaaaaaaauuuussssssseeeee" and so on.

I am so jealous of your lamb chop connections! I didn't realise it ran for so long either! I wish I had lamb chop's autograph. I want to see a picture! :) x

Anonymous said...

it's always fun going to concerts though, right?! hope you had an ok time at least!

noone said...

Wwow that really sucks especially when those tickets were so expensive. Maybe this time her *thingy was hanging out and they couldn't tuck it back in HAHAHA ohhh Britney... Hope you had fun though! :D

Liz said...

Britney Britney! what wreck she is!

Nia said...

I still can't believe she went off for like 40 min! I read all about it online.
I saw her last weekend...the show was amazing, but she could have tried harder. She didn't even TRY to connect with the audience. I did love the Bollywood me against the Music and Everytime, and Get Naked was hot...but all in all, didn't live up to my expectations.

Bianca said...

looks like fun, hun.


xx
the crumpet girls
http://crumpetsandt.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

you are the fastest commenter ever!

and HAH, i have done the same thing! i have enough underwear to last me like 3 months haha! love it.

Kira Aderne said...

I am sorry for you, it really was disrespectul...I dont think she really want to be a star anymore...I think she does that just for the money...

Sam said...

I heard it on the news that she stopped the show! I thought 'what is this?!'. I can't believe you were there when se did that! But I hope you still had fun at the end!

FASHION CHALET said...

thank you :)

I love going to concerts, it's such a fun high!

xo!

Ariella said...

Oh, I feel sorry for you. I would have been so angry if I had experienced that - I hope no one else gets to experience the same!

Devon said...

nice photos! xx

Life In Technicolor. said...

omg AMAZING!!! u caught the circus tour...i hope it was insanely fab.

andrea xooxx
Life In Technicolor.

jess said...

I heard about that concert. I felt so bad for the people who were there. Britney Spears was my first concert when I was 8.

Niviarsiaq said...

I would love to go to a Britney concert! It's pretty horrible that she did that but at least you got to go! I've only been to one concert but it was my favorite artist (Joss Stone) so I can't complain.

Francesca Tan said...

if i have the money, i would definitely pay for the tickets to see her! Afterall she is.. well Britney!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

i like your neckalce!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Shes Dressing Up said...

I assume by smoke she might have meant the artifical smoke on stage? He disappearance does sound dodgy though - Im glad you had at least some fun!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

...Oh Britney...is she back or is she back??

Ash said...

thanks for the inside info on Britney! I was wanting to go but in a true Aussie term
'stuff that!"

hehe

Ash xx