Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Everybody's talking about...

The MET Costume Gala!


I thought Mary-Kate looked stunning. I love her dress, it's modern yet traditional. The lace is so cute and her hair and make-up look great. A big improvement over last year. The gold dress was acceptable, but it washed her out.

Ashley improved over last year as well. She looks a lot more put together. I don't hate either dress, but I don't love them either. This year's white gown is really pretty, but too big for her. She looks like she's drowning in it. But she gets extra points for it being her own collection.

Kate Bosworth always looks stunning. I prefer her 2008 look much better. Actually I'm totally in love with the dress she wore last year. All those sequins and colour!!! I will take colour over black any day.

Leighton took a risk and she rocked it. I love her outfit. I can't say the same for Blake's.

I think Rachel Bilson looks so cute and adorable, but appropriate for the Costume Gala, I think not. She looks like she's going out to just any premiere. But her dress from last year was fabulous. And she rocked the bangs.

I don't know what it is about boys and chunky glasses, but I just swoon whenever I see one. I've always been into the Clark Kent type. I'm not normally a big JT fan, but I am loving the new look.

20 comments:

frankie-lou and tallulah said...

leighton is an absolute star.
as for blake though - she looked a little like a drag.

Unknown said...

AH that jumpsuit is so risky bt it looks cool on her, lol nI cannot lie yh Timberlake is a hottylol!

Jennifer said...

Loved the Olsens, Leighton and JT!! Hot!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

love leighton's jumper and mk's dress!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Niviarsiaq said...

JT rocked those glasses! I wish more people would wear them sometimes!
I think Mk looks amazing and Ashley looks good but the dress is way too big for her. I like leighton's outfit but its a little dizzying -good for her though for taking a risk!

Jen said...

I love the white dress Ashely is wearing!! Lovely :)

Ariella said...

Mary Kate did look fab! And Leighton, yes, I love it.

Fran M. said...

Thanks, & about my friend that is just a friend now, I think that is the better option. I loved the dress that wore Blake Lively, she's so cute, but Leighton Mester made a really bad choice =]

Frock Around the Clock said...

Chunky boy glasses are the best! This looks like such a fun event to go to. Was this wear Kate Moss had that amazing gold turban? I loved it but don't think I'll ever try it! :) x

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Gorgeousss...
but what happened to Madonna...sad to say this, but she looked like she was wearing a very expensive diapers no?! ~hee*

Winnie said...

I agree- so many people disliked Leighton's dress but I love that she went for a little different.

Oh and what can I say? MK in Lacroix...amazing!!

Fran M. said...

Oh my god ! that's great, I wish that I could live on your town, so sad, but here in my country is like the same thing, everybody is obsessed with the saga. I'm really excited about New Moon movie, I hope it'll be much better than the first one as you say =]

Annie said...

ohhhh, mary kate and ashley are both stunning beyond words. so lovely.

Niviarsiaq said...

Haha! you said it! I used to get all my shirts with peace symbols on them or some sort of hippie thing written on it. Seriously! At one point I probably had like 15 different shirts that either said "peace" on them or had that symbol! kinda strange...

Tiana Couture's Addict said...

I prefere Rachel bilson 's outfits!she's so sexy and glam too!

muchlove said...

I love Ahley Olsen's look.

s.i. michaels said...

I'm with you on the glasses. I wish my boyfriend needed them!

Kira Aderne said...

Kate is my fav. two years in a role!

Fantastic post!

Kisses and hugs,

Kira

Amelia said...

I felt kind of meh about the Costume Gala this year, but I love both of Kate Bosworth's dresses.

Brittany Leigh-Ann Baker said...

I LOVE LEIGHTONS OUTFIT SO MUCH!!! :D <3